Time for yet another release!
3.1b has the following client updates:
* Allow setting the timeout in .ini (cncnet.exe)
* Pack the dll to cncnet.exe so it can extract the dll when you run it (cncnet.exe)
* Add -CFG option to force cncnet.exe to configuration only, hitting [ Ok ] will exit in that mode. (cncnet.exe)
* Fix custom exe mod support by skipping game check when .ini already has an executable set. (cncnet.exe)
* Add automatic updater so updating is easier (cncnet.exe)
* Fix saving direct ip opponent host, it saved the dedi host instead (cncnet.exe)
So from today forward, if everything goes well the client will automagically update on launch if an update is found. cncnet.dll is included in the exe so it will not be distributed separately anymore.
Updating your client is not required, 3.1a is fully compatible.
EDIT: I should've named the release 3.2 from the beginning as it clearly started a new era of automatic updates. The latest client is now 3.2 and will keep updating without news posts unless something major is changed.
The changes can be monitored at https://github.com/hifi/cncnet-lite-launcher/commits/master
and the hex value on the right is the commit number, it matches the one shown in client settings (though it's a bit longer).